ISM-Charlotte’s membership is comprised of over 200 supply chain management professionals in the Charlotte metro area! Become an ISM-Charlotte affiliate member to tap into the power of an established community of successful supply chain professionals where you live and work, and the platform to elevate your professional development and supply chain interests.
ISM-Charlotte’s annual membership fee is $260.00 prorated by month.
Join ISM-Charlotte Today!
Ready to join? If you are interested in becoming an ISM-Charlotte member, please call the ISM National office at 800.888.6276 ext.0401.
Tell them you are interested in joining ISM–Charlotte Affiliate #05/065.
Any person interested in the supply management field is eligible to be a Direct Member or Regular Member of an Affiliated Association provided that such person does not solicit business on behalf of such person or his or her employer during meetings of any ISM activity, including without limitation, meetings of Affiliated Associations (including chapters) ISM Committees and ISM groups and forums (as defined in Policy).
In principle and in practice, the Institute values and seeks a diverse membership, volunteer leadership, and staff. There are no barriers to full participation in the Institute on the basis of ethnic background, gender, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
The Institute values the efforts, knowledge and commitment of all volunteers and staff, and structures the volunteer system to maintain continuity by encouraging participation in integrated activities to enhance value-added activities and optimize productivity.
12 Reasons for You to Join ISM-Charlotte!
1. Top Notch Publications
Inside Supply Management®
Inside Supply Management, our monthly magazine contains national and international information on new trends and developments in the profession plus insightful "how-to" articles. The magazine is published exclusively for ISM members.
Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing ISM Report on Business® (ROB)
Published in Inside Supply Management, the monthly survey of purchasing statistics is the first of its kind. It's considered by many economists to be the most reliable, near-term economic barometer available today.
The Journal of Supply Chain Management
The nation's first scholarly journal devoted exclusively to purchasing and materials management research and development. New members receive more than one-half off the 1 year subscription rate.
2. Unlimited Access to the ISM and ISM-Charlotte Websites
Unlock the possibilities of this valuable research tool. Members can search an extensive database for information and articles on supply management issues, take part in professional forums, and learn about ISM's assortment of educational products and services. Members also have access to:
The Online Career Center - where you can search a database of employment listings from across the country, post your resume for organizations to see, or take advantage of other career-enhancing tools. And network with your peers for better employment at our monthly dinner meetings.
The ISM InfoCenter - members can search an expansive database via the Internet, e-mail or fax a request to InfoCenter staff, or take advantage of free Resource Guides. Results within 48 hours!
ISM-Charlotte’s website - Our website will keep you up to date on local events and meetings, the opportunity to maintain continuing education hours in your profile and view local job postings.
3. Gain valuable contacts within our community during monthly meetings and educational functions
Hundreds of companies are represented in the Charlotte area and membership gives you numerous opportunities to network with your peers. Research has shown that greater than 70% of all jobs are obtained through a network connection. This is a great way to stay connected to others in the local Charlotte area.
4. Certification Programs
- The Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM®) is the credential that surpasses the demands of the international marketplace with multi-faceted skills in areas such as supplier relationship management, commodity management, risk and compliance issues and social responsibility.
- The Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity™ (CPSD™) is a professional designation for supply management professionals whose responsibilities include supplier diversity. This designation also delivers added value to business leaders and other team leaders who participate in the development of diverse supplier initiatives within the organization.
- ISM's newest credential, Certified in Supply Management™ (CSM™), was developed to allow practitioners a way to demonstrate knowledge in supply management, regardless of whether they have a college degree. It validates your supply management body of knowledge and skills in areas such as finance, supplier relationship management, organizational global strategy and risk compliance.
All certifications are designed for those working in any of the major private, public or non-profit work sectors. The programs are administered by ISM and members receive discounts on exams and study material.
In addition, ISM-Charlotte continually offers local training to prepare you for these exams.
5. CAPS Research
ISM members receive supply management-related research studies and benchmarks free from CAPS Research, the only global not-for-profit research center in supply management. Learn more about CAPS Research and how they can be of service to you.
6. Discounts on Seminars and Programs - Regular members save on registration fees for ISM's extensive line of educational programs held throughout the country, plus discounts on study materials and exams. ISM-Charlotte members receive discounts for affiliate seminars, events and seasonal conferences with topics ranging from basic to advanced procurement.
7. Educational Resources
Over 80 different audio/video programs and over 50 different books to choose from. All programs are designed to heighten your acumen in a variety of subjects, including: global sourcing, negotiations, legal issues, and supply management. Video tapes are easily adaptable to individual or group presentations. Publications include: textbooks, workbooks, the TECHnotes series, with subject matter covering purchasing topics plus general business information. These professional development resources accommodate your unique schedule and pace, and ISM members save on all purchases and rentals.
8. Annual International Purchasing Conference
Network with 2,000+ peers at the only international conference devoted exclusively to purchasing and supply management. Examine emerging trends and challenges during comprehensive workshops conducted by your peers. Workshop presenters are selected as a result of ISM's "Call for Presentations." The conference attracts distinguished speakers to discuss current national and international issues and features several sessions highlighted by prominent corporate leaders. Members receive significant savings on registration fees.
9. Free Quarterly Plant Tours – ISM-Charlotte members can take advantage of our free plant tours conducted every quarter in the surrounding Charlotte area. You can even bring a guest or a non-member for a nominal fee.
10. Annual Chartered Bus Plant Tours - Regular members save on registration fees for ISM-Charlotte’s annual chartered bus plant tour. Each year, the affiliate charters a 57 passenger luxury coach bus and takes members on a day long adventure to regional manufacturing facilities! The day is typically themed around a certain manufacturing industry whether it is automotive, aerospace, or even foodservice! It is a great opportunity to earn valuable continuing education credits and to network with purchasing professionals from around the local Charlotte area.
11. Volunteer Opportunities - Volunteering is a great resume builder, as well as, a way to meet new people and gain a feeling of involvement and accomplishment. ISM-Charlotte offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities – from short term, simple commitments to larger focused, more involved commitments across various functions needed to keep a non-profit organization running. Volunteering can also help your professional career, not only by broadening your professional network, but also by enhancing your leadership and management skills, gaining industry recognition, and learning and applying new skills to further advance your career.
Being active in your profession speaks volumes to coworkers, colleagues, customers and others you interact with every day. For those taking it to the next level — ISM honors members for outstanding performance in the categories of Education/Learning, Innovation/Creativity, Leadership, Marketing/Communicating and Volunteerism.
Supply Chain Management Professional of the Year Award – Nominated by colleagues, this award recognizes the most outstanding ISM-Charlotte member’s exemplary excellence and service to advance the supply chain management profession.